Kids in my neighborhood found 8 little new born bunnies in their play yard.
It's wonderful to see nature's happenings in the surburb only 15 minutes away from Boston downtown.
Frankly I got even more excited than kids about the incident.
These poor things, however, won't get to see their mom so often since their mother had them in the middel of our appartment yard.
This is a grassed yard where kids run around all day.
And town house style apartments are lined up in both sides.
People come and go all the time except the late night.
Since the discovery, all the neighbors are concerned about little bunnies' survival.
The mother won't take care of its new borns with its wild instinct of avoiding people.
Everyday kids are doing little things to help them survive.
They gather grasses for warmth and surround the burrow(?) with junks to cover them from attacks of big birds.
But that might make harder for sensitive mother bunny to come and feed its babies.
I've been staying up till late last couple of days to see if mother bunny would come and feed them.
It hasn't seemed to be happening.
Tonight, I'm writing this diary at 1 past midnight.
From about an hour ago rain started pouring with the influence of appoaching hurricane Danny.
Can they survive this weather? I just couldn't get them off my head.
I had to go out and cover their burrow from pouring rain with big plastic container.
Listening to the pouring rain, I think I will twist and turn for another night.
I guess I am gonna call some places tomorrow to see if these poor things could get some help.
It's wonderful to see nature's happenings in the surburb only 15 minutes away from Boston downtown.
Frankly I got even more excited than kids about the incident.
These poor things, however, won't get to see their mom so often since their mother had them in the middel of our appartment yard.
This is a grassed yard where kids run around all day.
And town house style apartments are lined up in both sides.
People come and go all the time except the late night.
Since the discovery, all the neighbors are concerned about little bunnies' survival.
The mother won't take care of its new borns with its wild instinct of avoiding people.
Everyday kids are doing little things to help them survive.
They gather grasses for warmth and surround the burrow(?) with junks to cover them from attacks of big birds.
But that might make harder for sensitive mother bunny to come and feed its babies.
I've been staying up till late last couple of days to see if mother bunny would come and feed them.
It hasn't seemed to be happening.
Tonight, I'm writing this diary at 1 past midnight.
From about an hour ago rain started pouring with the influence of appoaching hurricane Danny.
Can they survive this weather? I just couldn't get them off my head.
I had to go out and cover their burrow from pouring rain with big plastic container.
Listening to the pouring rain, I think I will twist and turn for another night.
I guess I am gonna call some places tomorrow to see if these poor things could get some help.

0 comments:
Post a Comment